Police warn Royston residents to be on their guard against burglars
POLICE officers are urging Crow Country residents to think crime prevention this Christmas after two properties in Royston were burgled. A house in Barkway Road was burgled at some point between 1pm – 3.20pm on Sunday December 13, with a property on Nor
POLICE officers are urging Crow Country residents to "think crime prevention" this Christmas after two properties in Royston were burgled.
A house in Barkway Road was burgled at some point between 1pm - 3.20pm on Sunday December 13, with a property on Normans Lane was raided on December 15 at some time between 7am - 6.15pm. On both occasions the properties were left unsecured.
PCSO Penny Tomsett, from the Royston neighbourhood team, said: "Particularly at this time of the year we are all busy but I would like to take this opportunity to ask people to take just a few moments to think about some simple crime prevention advice.
"Thieves can be opportunist and if you leave doors unlocked it makes it easy for them. Don't let a thief ruin your Christmas and ensure your home is safe," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Police have joined forces with Hertfordshire County Council to introduce an online "virtual house" to their website.
Visitors can explore the house and find 25 crime prevention and home safety tips hidden away. To view the house log on to www.herts.police.uk.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation