Police to target riders
RESIDENTS in Buntingford claim they are being plagued by a noisy group of teenage motorcyclists. The youngsters are said to be causing a disturbance by riding 50cc motorcycles and leaving litter in the area. Town clerk Jill Jones: It s not that they are
RESIDENTS in Buntingford claim they are being plagued by a noisy group of teenage motorcyclists.
The youngsters are said to be causing a disturbance by riding 50cc motorcycles and leaving litter in the area.
Town clerk Jill Jones: "It's not that they are causing damage but it's the noise.
"They rev their engines and they can be intimidating."
You may also want to watch:
The areas where the youths congregate are at the Seth Ward Centre, the Somerfield car park, the Co-op car park and Norfolk Road Playing Fields.
Police are collating information and a warning letter is being produced.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
PCSO Francis Higgins said: "We have got the index numbers of some of the registered bike owners and we will be issuing road traffic warnings which state you can not ride a motorised vehicle in a public place in an anti-social manner."
- In the last week, thieves have taken bedding plants from a property in Church Lane, Buntingford, and hanging baskets from the Jolly Sailors pub.