Police to target riders
RESIDENTS in Buntingford claim they are being plagued by a noisy group of teenage motorcyclists. The youngsters are said to be causing a disturbance by riding 50cc motorcycles and leaving litter in the area. Town clerk Jill Jones: It s not that they are
RESIDENTS in Buntingford claim they are being plagued by a noisy group of teenage motorcyclists.
The youngsters are said to be causing a disturbance by riding 50cc motorcycles and leaving litter in the area.
Town clerk Jill Jones: "It's not that they are causing damage but it's the noise.
"They rev their engines and they can be intimidating."
You may also want to watch:
The areas where the youths congregate are at the Seth Ward Centre, the Somerfield car park, the Co-op car park and Norfolk Road Playing Fields.
Police are collating information and a warning letter is being produced.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
PCSO Francis Higgins said: "We have got the index numbers of some of the registered bike owners and we will be issuing road traffic warnings which state you can not ride a motorised vehicle in a public place in an anti-social manner."
- In the last week, thieves have taken bedding plants from a property in Church Lane, Buntingford, and hanging baskets from the Jolly Sailors pub.