Police to release facial reconstruction of murdered man after torso found at the weekend
MURDER hunt detectives say they will be releasing a facial reconstruction of the man whose dismembered body has been found at various locations in Hertfordshire and Leicestershire. The only parts still missing are the man s hands. The torso with the right
MURDER hunt detectives say they will be releasing a facial reconstruction of the man whose dismembered body has been found at various locations in Hertfordshire and Leicestershire.
The only parts still missing are the man's hands.
The torso with the right arm still intact and the top of the left arm was found on Saturday afternoon in a ditch in Gore Lane, Standon near Ware. The remains had been stuffed in a suitcase that had been thrown into the ditch.
The remains were later examined at Lister Hospital, Stevenage, and within hours it was confirmed the torso was linked to the legs found at Cottered and Puckeridge, a forearm discovered at Wheathampstead and a head at a village in Leicestershire.
You may also want to watch:
Police now believe they will be able to release a computer image of what the dead man looked like by the end of the week and Det Ch Insp Michael Hanlon (pictured) who is leading the inquiry expected to hold a press conference later today to release their latest findings of their inquiry.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show