Police to examine how to improve service
LENGTHY police response times to two incidents in Buntingford were caused by a lack of resources, says a police inspector. Neighbourhood Inspector Andrew Piper told a meeting of Buntingford Town Council that Herts police s central control room, based in W
LENGTHY police response times to two incidents in Buntingford were caused by a lack of resources, says a police inspector.
Neighbourhood Inspector Andrew Piper told a meeting of Buntingford Town Council that Herts police's central control room, based in Welwyn Garden City, works on a system of prioritisation.
He said: "The control room has to dispatch officers to calls from across Hertfordshire. Unfortunately major incidents tend to suck in resources.
"I am 100 per cent certain that they would have sent someone out sooner if the resources had been available."
You may also want to watch:
However, Cllr Stan Bull said: "You have to see things from our point of view. We represent the members of our community and it doesn't go down very well when people hear things like this."
As reported in The Crow last month, a disturbance outside the Brambles pub was not responded to until the next day, despite several calls from residents.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Insp Piper added: "I have taken your concerns to the senior manager of the control room, and we will be looking closely at how we can improve the service to outlying towns such as Buntingford.