Police to attend Royston Modified car meet at Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Around 50 modified cars are expected to gather in Royston for a car meet this Sunday.
Police have confirmed they will be present when the group congregate at Tesco Extra on Old North Road for the Royston Modified Car Club Sunday Slammer.
A spokesman for Herts police said: “The group now meet at an industrial estate, where some businesses have offered their car parks for the attendees’ use. Officers from the safer neighbourhood team have made contact with the event’s organisers to help ensure that any possible disruption to the local community is minimal.
“As with the vast majority of previous events of this nature, it is not believed there will be any issues at the car meet but officers will be on patrol in the area to ensure this is the case.”
The meet is arranged for 7pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more details, search R.M.C.C Sunday Slammer Car and Bike Meet - 18/1/15 on Facebook.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online