Police to attend Royston Modified car meet at Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Around 50 modified cars are expected to gather in Royston for a car meet this Sunday.
Police have confirmed they will be present when the group congregate at Tesco Extra on Old North Road for the Royston Modified Car Club Sunday Slammer.
A spokesman for Herts police said: “The group now meet at an industrial estate, where some businesses have offered their car parks for the attendees’ use. Officers from the safer neighbourhood team have made contact with the event’s organisers to help ensure that any possible disruption to the local community is minimal.
“As with the vast majority of previous events of this nature, it is not believed there will be any issues at the car meet but officers will be on patrol in the area to ensure this is the case.”
The meet is arranged for 7pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more details, search R.M.C.C Sunday Slammer Car and Bike Meet - 18/1/15 on Facebook.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'