Police to attend Royston Modified car meet at Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Around 50 modified cars are expected to gather in Royston for a car meet this Sunday.
Police have confirmed they will be present when the group congregate at Tesco Extra on Old North Road for the Royston Modified Car Club Sunday Slammer.
A spokesman for Herts police said: “The group now meet at an industrial estate, where some businesses have offered their car parks for the attendees’ use. Officers from the safer neighbourhood team have made contact with the event’s organisers to help ensure that any possible disruption to the local community is minimal.
“As with the vast majority of previous events of this nature, it is not believed there will be any issues at the car meet but officers will be on patrol in the area to ensure this is the case.”
The meet is arranged for 7pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more details, search R.M.C.C Sunday Slammer Car and Bike Meet - 18/1/15 on Facebook.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?