Police to attend Royston Modified car meet at Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Around 50 modified cars are expected to gather in Royston for a car meet this Sunday.
Police have confirmed they will be present when the group congregate at Tesco Extra on Old North Road for the Royston Modified Car Club Sunday Slammer.
A spokesman for Herts police said: “The group now meet at an industrial estate, where some businesses have offered their car parks for the attendees’ use. Officers from the safer neighbourhood team have made contact with the event’s organisers to help ensure that any possible disruption to the local community is minimal.
“As with the vast majority of previous events of this nature, it is not believed there will be any issues at the car meet but officers will be on patrol in the area to ensure this is the case.”
The meet is arranged for 7pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more details, search R.M.C.C Sunday Slammer Car and Bike Meet - 18/1/15 on Facebook.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity