Police stumble upon Royston cannabis factory with 200 plants following reports of a burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis after about 200 plants were found at a Royston address.
Police were called at 2.40am on Friday to an address in Wordsworth Close following reports of a possible burglary.
But when officers arrived at the scene, several people ran from the area.
Police then gained entry to the address where a suspected cannabis factory – with 200 plants – was found.
A 24-year-old man from London and a 28-year-old man of no fixed address were arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Both men have been released on police bail until December 17.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact the North Herts Local Crime Unit on 101, quoting crime reference G4/15/722.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition