Police still waiting to release facial images of body parts victim
POLICE will not be releasing images today of a reconstruction of the face of a murder victim whose body parts were found scattered around Hertfordshire and Leicestershire. A BBC news bulletin this morning said Hertfordshire police was preparing to release
POLICE will not be releasing images today of a reconstruction of the face of a murder victim whose body parts were found scattered around Hertfordshire and Leicestershire.
A BBC news bulletin this morning said Hertfordshire police was preparing to release the images today in an attempt to further their inquiries into trying to identifying the victim.
A police spokesman said: "We do not plan to release any image today but there might be an update on the murder investigation tomorrow."
The first body part, a left leg, was found in a sports bag in a field on the A507 between Baldock and Cottered on March 22. During the following two and a half weeks other remains, including a forearm, right leg and torso were found at other locations in Hertfordshire and a head in Leicestershire.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Michael Hanlon, (pictured) who is leading the investigation with members of the Herts and Beds Major Crime Unit, believes all the body parts were dumped at the same time as the leg close to the A507.
The victims' hands have never been found.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire