Police still at the scene of Royston A505 roundabout crash after two incidents in just over an hour
- Credit: Archant
Police are still at the scene of one of two crashes around Royston this morning.
Police were called to the first incident at 6.20am after a collision between a red Suzuki motorcycle and a silver Volkswagen Golf on the roundabout linking the A1198 with the A505 near Tesco Extra.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, was taken to hospital by ambulance with an ankle injury, and police remain at the scene.
The second crash between a grey Vauxhall Astra and another car, which was badly damaged, happened just after 7.30am on the A505 junction with Newmarket Road.
Two ambulance crews attended and took a man in his 20s to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with a leg injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police have confirmed one lane was closed eastbound but has since reopened.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire