Police still at the scene of Royston A505 roundabout crash after two incidents in just over an hour
- Credit: Archant
Police are still at the scene of one of two crashes around Royston this morning.
Police were called to the first incident at 6.20am after a collision between a red Suzuki motorcycle and a silver Volkswagen Golf on the roundabout linking the A1198 with the A505 near Tesco Extra.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, was taken to hospital by ambulance with an ankle injury, and police remain at the scene.
The second crash between a grey Vauxhall Astra and another car, which was badly damaged, happened just after 7.30am on the A505 junction with Newmarket Road.
Two ambulance crews attended and took a man in his 20s to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with a leg injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police have confirmed one lane was closed eastbound but has since reopened.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services