Police seize 100 bottles of alcohol
POLICE seized more than 100 bottles of alcohol from a group of youths in Foxton. Officers were called to Illingworth Way on Saturday following complaints from residents. They found a large group of youths in possession of the alcohol, which was confiscat
POLICE seized more than 100 bottles of alcohol from a group of youths in Foxton.
Officers were called to Illingworth Way on Saturday following complaints from residents.
They found a large group of youths in possession of the alcohol, which was confiscated.
PC Iain Perry said: "There is clearly a link between underage drinking and youth-related anti-social behaviour, and we will not tolerate it.
"This is not about stopping young people from hanging around the town, and there are a number of young people who do so without causing any problems."
PC Perry said the youths had got the alcohol from their parents or purchased it from shops in the area.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
"It is disappointing that some shopkeepers think it is acceptable to provide youths with alcohol as this is a criminal offence," he said.
"I would urge anyone who sells alcohol on their premises to ask for identification from anyone they suspect to be under age.
"If you are unsure if anyone is under age always ask.
"Think 21', if they look under 21 ask for some ID. It is not worth the risk of an £80 fine.