Police reveal identity of body parts victim
POLICE have identified the victim of the body parts murder. Last night dectective from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and Leicestershire Constabulary, who have been investigating the murder of a man, confirmed his identity as
POLICE have identified the victim of the body parts murder.
Last night dectective from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and Leicestershire Constabulary, who have been investigating the murder of a man, confirmed his identity as 49-year-old Jeffrey Howe from Southgate.
His brother said: "He was a jovial, charming character who had a heart of gold and would get on with anyone. He could be a little selfish sometimes but did what he thought was best."
"Jeffrey was a life long Manchester United fan. Most recently Jeffrey had been working as a salesman for a kitchen firm, prior to that he had lived in various locations across the country. He also lived in Italy for a time where he worked as a cook.
You may also want to watch:
"Although we didn't have a great deal of contact and we hadn't seen each other for a few months, as you can imagine our family has been left extremely traumatised by what has happened. We are finding it extremely hard to come to terms with what has happened and we ask to be left alone at this time."
Detectives are continuing to question a man and woman from North London arrested on Tuesday in connection with the on-going murder investigation following the discovery of body parts in Hertfordshire and Leicestershire over the last month.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The pair a man aged 37 and woman aged 20 appeared at Hatfield Remand Court yesterday morning where magistrates granted officers a further 36 hours to question the two. It means detectives can continue their questioning of the pair, arrested at an address in Southgate, until late Friday afternoon.
They were arrested by officers from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, who jointly with Leicestershire Constabulary have been making extensive inquiries in the last few weeks. The arrest came during a follow up missing person inquiry which came into Hertfordshire incident room as a direct result of media appeals.