Police reveal identity of body parts victim
POLICE have identified the victim of the body parts murder. Last night dectective from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and Leicestershire Constabulary, who have been investigating the murder of a man, confirmed his identity as
POLICE have identified the victim of the body parts murder.
Last night dectective from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and Leicestershire Constabulary, who have been investigating the murder of a man, confirmed his identity as 49-year-old Jeffrey Howe from Southgate.
His brother said: "He was a jovial, charming character who had a heart of gold and would get on with anyone. He could be a little selfish sometimes but did what he thought was best."
"Jeffrey was a life long Manchester United fan. Most recently Jeffrey had been working as a salesman for a kitchen firm, prior to that he had lived in various locations across the country. He also lived in Italy for a time where he worked as a cook.
You may also want to watch:
"Although we didn't have a great deal of contact and we hadn't seen each other for a few months, as you can imagine our family has been left extremely traumatised by what has happened. We are finding it extremely hard to come to terms with what has happened and we ask to be left alone at this time."
Detectives are continuing to question a man and woman from North London arrested on Tuesday in connection with the on-going murder investigation following the discovery of body parts in Hertfordshire and Leicestershire over the last month.
- 1 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 5 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 6 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 7 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 8 Send us photos of your exotic pets!
- 9 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 10 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
The pair a man aged 37 and woman aged 20 appeared at Hatfield Remand Court yesterday morning where magistrates granted officers a further 36 hours to question the two. It means detectives can continue their questioning of the pair, arrested at an address in Southgate, until late Friday afternoon.
They were arrested by officers from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, who jointly with Leicestershire Constabulary have been making extensive inquiries in the last few weeks. The arrest came during a follow up missing person inquiry which came into Hertfordshire incident room as a direct result of media appeals.