Police reveal identity of body parts victim
POLICE have identified the victim of the body parts murder. Last night dectective from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and Leicestershire Constabulary, who have been investigating the murder of a man, confirmed his identity as
POLICE have identified the victim of the body parts murder.
Last night dectective from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and Leicestershire Constabulary, who have been investigating the murder of a man, confirmed his identity as 49-year-old Jeffrey Howe from Southgate.
His brother said: "He was a jovial, charming character who had a heart of gold and would get on with anyone. He could be a little selfish sometimes but did what he thought was best."
"Jeffrey was a life long Manchester United fan. Most recently Jeffrey had been working as a salesman for a kitchen firm, prior to that he had lived in various locations across the country. He also lived in Italy for a time where he worked as a cook.
"Although we didn't have a great deal of contact and we hadn't seen each other for a few months, as you can imagine our family has been left extremely traumatised by what has happened. We are finding it extremely hard to come to terms with what has happened and we ask to be left alone at this time."
Detectives are continuing to question a man and woman from North London arrested on Tuesday in connection with the on-going murder investigation following the discovery of body parts in Hertfordshire and Leicestershire over the last month.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
The pair a man aged 37 and woman aged 20 appeared at Hatfield Remand Court yesterday morning where magistrates granted officers a further 36 hours to question the two. It means detectives can continue their questioning of the pair, arrested at an address in Southgate, until late Friday afternoon.
They were arrested by officers from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, who jointly with Leicestershire Constabulary have been making extensive inquiries in the last few weeks. The arrest came during a follow up missing person inquiry which came into Hertfordshire incident room as a direct result of media appeals.