Police recover stolen BMW
SWIFT intervention from police saw a car which was stolen from a Royston driveway recovered hours later. Police received a call alerting them to the incident at 3.50am last Thursday, December 3, and officers were immediately dispatched to conduct a search
SWIFT intervention from police saw a car which was stolen from a Royston driveway recovered hours later.
Police received a call alerting them to the incident at 3.50am last Thursday, December 3, and officers were immediately dispatched to conduct a search of the area.
A short time later two men were stopped in Buntingford and arrested on suspicion of burglary, while the stolen BMW was recorvered.
Royston's neighbourhood sergeant Jon Vine said: "Residents should feel reassured that officers are present in Royston round the clock to ensure swift response to incidents. "Officers from the Neighbourhood and Intervention Teams are present in Royston and are continually working hard to further reduce crime in the area and in this case were able to act extremely quickly."
You may also want to watch:
The two men arrested have been bailed while police conduct further enquiries.
Anyone who has any information about the crime is asked to call Herts Police on 0845 3300 222. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving