Police raid uncovered cannabis factory
A CANNABIS factory has been discovered following a police raid in Royston. Two men were arrested after officers from Hertfordshire Police executed a drugs warrant at a house in Melbourn Road, Royston, earlier today (Monday October 12). Police swooped foll
A CANNABIS factory has been discovered following a police raid in Royston.
Two men were arrested after officers from Hertfordshire Police executed a drugs warrant at a house in Melbourn Road, Royston, earlier today (Monday October 12).
Police swooped following concerns raised by members of the public. Hundreds of plants were discovered in several rooms in the property, and two men, a 21-year old and a 41-year old, were arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis plants.
Sergeant Jon Vine from the Royston Neighbourhood Team said: "Drugs have no place in our communities. Thankfully those involved in drugs are in a minority and I would like to reassure residents we will do all we can to keep it that way and bring offenders to justice.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank the communities of Royston for working with us and reporting suspicious behaviour and activity. Today's raid has been extremely successful and consequently a considerable amount of drugs have been prevented from reaching Hertfordshire's streets," he said.
Anyone with information on this, or any other drug related crime, should call Hertfordshire Constabulary on 0845 3300 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston