Police raid uncovered cannabis factory
A CANNABIS factory has been discovered following a police raid in Royston. Two men were arrested after officers from Hertfordshire Police executed a drugs warrant at a house in Melbourn Road, Royston, earlier today (Monday October 12). Police swooped foll
A CANNABIS factory has been discovered following a police raid in Royston.
Two men were arrested after officers from Hertfordshire Police executed a drugs warrant at a house in Melbourn Road, Royston, earlier today (Monday October 12).
Police swooped following concerns raised by members of the public. Hundreds of plants were discovered in several rooms in the property, and two men, a 21-year old and a 41-year old, were arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis plants.
Sergeant Jon Vine from the Royston Neighbourhood Team said: "Drugs have no place in our communities. Thankfully those involved in drugs are in a minority and I would like to reassure residents we will do all we can to keep it that way and bring offenders to justice.
"I would like to thank the communities of Royston for working with us and reporting suspicious behaviour and activity. Today's raid has been extremely successful and consequently a considerable amount of drugs have been prevented from reaching Hertfordshire's streets," he said.
Anyone with information on this, or any other drug related crime, should call Hertfordshire Constabulary on 0845 3300 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told