Police officer injured in A505 accident
A POLICE officer is recovering in hospital after being struck by a car on the A505 just outside Baldock at 10pm last night (Tuesday) The 32-year-old officer based at Hitchin, was coning off an area near the Wallington junction after a Toyota pick up and t
A POLICE officer is recovering in hospital after being struck by a car on the A505 just outside Baldock at 10pm last night (Tuesday)
The 32-year-old officer based at Hitchin, was coning off an area near the Wallington junction after a Toyota pick up and trailer had struck the central barrier on the dual carriageway and ended up facing the wrong way.
Herts police said this morning that the injured officer was struck by a Vauxhall Corsa that was in collision with a Ford Mondeo.
The driver of the Corsa was a 65-year-old woman from Baldock.
Herts police say the officer's injuries are not life-threatening, but he remains in Lister Hospital.
The A505 was closed for almost four hours while police carried out an investigation into the incidents.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
Police are also appealing for any witnesses to contact Pc Robert Hauxwell on 01707 354379.