Police officer injured in A505 accident
A POLICE officer is recovering in hospital after being struck by a car on the A505 just outside Baldock at 10pm last night (Tuesday) The 32-year-old officer based at Hitchin, was coning off an area near the Wallington junction after a Toyota pick up and t
A POLICE officer is recovering in hospital after being struck by a car on the A505 just outside Baldock at 10pm last night (Tuesday)
The 32-year-old officer based at Hitchin, was coning off an area near the Wallington junction after a Toyota pick up and trailer had struck the central barrier on the dual carriageway and ended up facing the wrong way.
Herts police said this morning that the injured officer was struck by a Vauxhall Corsa that was in collision with a Ford Mondeo.
The driver of the Corsa was a 65-year-old woman from Baldock.
You may also want to watch:
Herts police say the officer's injuries are not life-threatening, but he remains in Lister Hospital.
The A505 was closed for almost four hours while police carried out an investigation into the incidents.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 5 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
Police are also appealing for any witnesses to contact Pc Robert Hauxwell on 01707 354379.