Police officer from Royston in 100km charity walk
- Credit: Archant
A POLICE officer has completed a 100km charity walk.
Pc Karen Petrie from Royston, completed the trek from London to Brighton in just 21 hours, four hours under her predicted time.
Mum of two Karen, who is a police officer in Cheshunt, has currently raised just over £900 which will be donated to Pc David Rathband’s Blue Lamp Foundation.
She said: “I said numerous times how horrific it was and that it was the worst time of my life but I wasn’t going to let it beat me. If I closed my eyes, I stopped walking and could feel myself slipping into sleep standing up.”
Despite the difficulties, Karen is still glad she took part. “The challenge was a very friendly event. The organisers did an absolutely fantastic job. I’d recommend their challenges to anyone in the future.
You may also want to watch:
The Blue Lamp Foundation was set up in 2010 to offer financial support to members of the emergency services who are injured in the line of duty.
To donate to Karen, visit http://www.justgiving.com/karen-petrie1
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn