Police officer from Royston in 100km charity walk
- Credit: Archant
A POLICE officer has completed a 100km charity walk.
Pc Karen Petrie from Royston, completed the trek from London to Brighton in just 21 hours, four hours under her predicted time.
Mum of two Karen, who is a police officer in Cheshunt, has currently raised just over £900 which will be donated to Pc David Rathband’s Blue Lamp Foundation.
She said: “I said numerous times how horrific it was and that it was the worst time of my life but I wasn’t going to let it beat me. If I closed my eyes, I stopped walking and could feel myself slipping into sleep standing up.”
Despite the difficulties, Karen is still glad she took part. “The challenge was a very friendly event. The organisers did an absolutely fantastic job. I’d recommend their challenges to anyone in the future.
The Blue Lamp Foundation was set up in 2010 to offer financial support to members of the emergency services who are injured in the line of duty.
To donate to Karen, visit http://www.justgiving.com/karen-petrie1
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'