Police officer from Royston in 100km charity walk
- Credit: Archant
A POLICE officer has completed a 100km charity walk.
Pc Karen Petrie from Royston, completed the trek from London to Brighton in just 21 hours, four hours under her predicted time.
Mum of two Karen, who is a police officer in Cheshunt, has currently raised just over £900 which will be donated to Pc David Rathband’s Blue Lamp Foundation.
She said: “I said numerous times how horrific it was and that it was the worst time of my life but I wasn’t going to let it beat me. If I closed my eyes, I stopped walking and could feel myself slipping into sleep standing up.”
Despite the difficulties, Karen is still glad she took part. “The challenge was a very friendly event. The organisers did an absolutely fantastic job. I’d recommend their challenges to anyone in the future.
You may also want to watch:
The Blue Lamp Foundation was set up in 2010 to offer financial support to members of the emergency services who are injured in the line of duty.
To donate to Karen, visit http://www.justgiving.com/karen-petrie1
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing