Police officer from Royston in 100km charity walk
- Credit: Archant
A POLICE officer has completed a 100km charity walk.
Pc Karen Petrie from Royston, completed the trek from London to Brighton in just 21 hours, four hours under her predicted time.
Mum of two Karen, who is a police officer in Cheshunt, has currently raised just over £900 which will be donated to Pc David Rathband’s Blue Lamp Foundation.
She said: “I said numerous times how horrific it was and that it was the worst time of my life but I wasn’t going to let it beat me. If I closed my eyes, I stopped walking and could feel myself slipping into sleep standing up.”
Despite the difficulties, Karen is still glad she took part. “The challenge was a very friendly event. The organisers did an absolutely fantastic job. I’d recommend their challenges to anyone in the future.
You may also want to watch:
The Blue Lamp Foundation was set up in 2010 to offer financial support to members of the emergency services who are injured in the line of duty.
To donate to Karen, visit http://www.justgiving.com/karen-petrie1
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'