Police officer from Royston in 100km charity walk
- Credit: Archant
A POLICE officer has completed a 100km charity walk.
Pc Karen Petrie from Royston, completed the trek from London to Brighton in just 21 hours, four hours under her predicted time.
Mum of two Karen, who is a police officer in Cheshunt, has currently raised just over £900 which will be donated to Pc David Rathband’s Blue Lamp Foundation.
She said: “I said numerous times how horrific it was and that it was the worst time of my life but I wasn’t going to let it beat me. If I closed my eyes, I stopped walking and could feel myself slipping into sleep standing up.”
Despite the difficulties, Karen is still glad she took part. “The challenge was a very friendly event. The organisers did an absolutely fantastic job. I’d recommend their challenges to anyone in the future.
You may also want to watch:
The Blue Lamp Foundation was set up in 2010 to offer financial support to members of the emergency services who are injured in the line of duty.
To donate to Karen, visit http://www.justgiving.com/karen-petrie1
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire