Police launch murder inquiry after severed leg found
POLICE say they are now conducting a murder inquiry after the discovery of a severed leg in a field near Cottered.Police have revealed the limb was in a green bag and is believed to have been dumped in the field after last Wednesday.Tomorrow (Tuesday) p
POLICE say they are now conducting a murder inquiry after the discovery of a severed leg in a field near Cottered.
Police have revealed the limb was in a green bag and is believed to have been dumped in the field after last Wednesday.
Tomorrow (Tuesday) police say they will be releasing more information about the possible age of the man who is believed to have been white or Asian.
The A507 road between Baldock and Buntingford was closed for more than 19 hours, following the grisly discovery by a man out walking on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation is being handled by the Herts and Beds police major crime unit and a further search of surrounding countryside has not been ruled out.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation