Police launch murder inquiry after severed leg found
POLICE say they are now conducting a murder inquiry after the discovery of a severed leg in a field near Cottered.Police have revealed the limb was in a green bag and is believed to have been dumped in the field after last Wednesday.Tomorrow (Tuesday) p
POLICE say they are now conducting a murder inquiry after the discovery of a severed leg in a field near Cottered.
Police have revealed the limb was in a green bag and is believed to have been dumped in the field after last Wednesday.
Tomorrow (Tuesday) police say they will be releasing more information about the possible age of the man who is believed to have been white or Asian.
The A507 road between Baldock and Buntingford was closed for more than 19 hours, following the grisly discovery by a man out walking on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation is being handled by the Herts and Beds police major crime unit and a further search of surrounding countryside has not been ruled out.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation