Police launch murder inquiry after severed leg found
POLICE say they are now conducting a murder inquiry after the discovery of a severed leg in a field near Cottered.Police have revealed the limb was in a green bag and is believed to have been dumped in the field after last Wednesday.Tomorrow (Tuesday) p
POLICE say they are now conducting a murder inquiry after the discovery of a severed leg in a field near Cottered.
Police have revealed the limb was in a green bag and is believed to have been dumped in the field after last Wednesday.
Tomorrow (Tuesday) police say they will be releasing more information about the possible age of the man who is believed to have been white or Asian.
The A507 road between Baldock and Buntingford was closed for more than 19 hours, following the grisly discovery by a man out walking on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation is being handled by the Herts and Beds police major crime unit and a further search of surrounding countryside has not been ruled out.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17