Police launch blog to keep residents up-to-date on policing
- Credit: Archant
A BLOG has been launched to keep residents up to date with news of policing in South Cambridgeshire.
Officers from Cambridgeshire Police will update the blog with issues that arise in the district.
Inspector Chris Savage said: “The blog will be used to share crime prevention advice and consult with local residents online. There is a lot of great police work going on in South Cambs every day and we want to inform as many people as possible.”
Officers already use the @SouthCambsCops Twitter feed to communicate with the public, and this has been employed to good effect on several occasions, including live tweeting from police panel meetings.
Insp Savage added: “The Twitter account is a quick way for people to dip in and out of the work we do. It also allows followers to share this information with friends, family or colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
“During a recent panel meeting there was an opportunity for us to reach an audience that might not have shown an interest, or expressed an opinion before. This worked well as people raised road safety concerns, motorists jumping red lights, using mobile phones and parking.
View the blog by logging on to www.southcambscops.org
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17