Police launch blog to keep residents up-to-date on policing
- Credit: Archant
A BLOG has been launched to keep residents up to date with news of policing in South Cambridgeshire.
Officers from Cambridgeshire Police will update the blog with issues that arise in the district.
Inspector Chris Savage said: “The blog will be used to share crime prevention advice and consult with local residents online. There is a lot of great police work going on in South Cambs every day and we want to inform as many people as possible.”
Officers already use the @SouthCambsCops Twitter feed to communicate with the public, and this has been employed to good effect on several occasions, including live tweeting from police panel meetings.
Insp Savage added: “The Twitter account is a quick way for people to dip in and out of the work we do. It also allows followers to share this information with friends, family or colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
“During a recent panel meeting there was an opportunity for us to reach an audience that might not have shown an interest, or expressed an opinion before. This worked well as people raised road safety concerns, motorists jumping red lights, using mobile phones and parking.
View the blog by logging on to www.southcambscops.org
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation