Police launch appeal for witnesses after Melbourn Co-op targeted by thieves twice in two days
- Credit: Clive Porter
Police have launched an appeal for people with information to come forward after thieves broke in to the Melbourn Co-op to steal cigarettes on two consecutive days this week.
The first break-in happened on Monday at about 4am, when three offenders made off with a large quantity of cigarettes from the High Street shop.
And the following day between 1am and 1.30am around four offenders smashed the window panel at the front of the shop, also took cigarettes, and left in a dark vehicle.
One Melbourn resident told the Crow: “I think people in the village are becoming very uneasy.
“These sorts of crimes are happening all too frequently now.
“Before, there was never much trouble, never many problems.
“It’s not the village it was. I think it’s outsiders coming in to ruin our area – it’s very sad.”
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Royston Photographic Society announces latest competition winners
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 10 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
If you have information call Cambs police on 101, or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.