Police launch appeal for witnesses after Melbourn Co-op targeted by thieves twice in two days
- Credit: Clive Porter
Police have launched an appeal for people with information to come forward after thieves broke in to the Melbourn Co-op to steal cigarettes on two consecutive days this week.
The first break-in happened on Monday at about 4am, when three offenders made off with a large quantity of cigarettes from the High Street shop.
And the following day between 1am and 1.30am around four offenders smashed the window panel at the front of the shop, also took cigarettes, and left in a dark vehicle.
One Melbourn resident told the Crow: “I think people in the village are becoming very uneasy.
“These sorts of crimes are happening all too frequently now.
You may also want to watch:
“Before, there was never much trouble, never many problems.
“It’s not the village it was. I think it’s outsiders coming in to ruin our area – it’s very sad.”
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 7 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
If you have information call Cambs police on 101, or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.