Police investigate after fourth cat dies from antifreeze poisoning in Royston

PUBLISHED: 18:22 24 February 2016

Jet was only one and a half years old.

Jet was only one and a half years old.

Archant

A Royston woman whose three cats died from antifreeze poisoning no longer thinks it was an accident after a fourth passed away on Monday.

The Crow previously reported how three of Sandra Duffy’s cats died within the space of a few days of each other after swallowing the dangerous liquid, which she put down to people being careless with antifreeze.

But since her cat Jet, aged just one and a half, died, and Royston Vets confirmed they have had no other cases, she has changed her mind, and has contacted the police.

She said: “I don’t think it was an accident. The symptoms have all been the same. It is difficult for me to go battering on people’s doors asking if they have seen or heard anything.

“It’s difficult to know how to go about it. I’m upset and angry if someone is doing it intentionally. A cat is a cat, it’s not going to hurt anyone, it’s not like an angry dog.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Royston Crow. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Royston Crow