Police investigate after fourth cat dies from antifreeze poisoning in Royston

Jet was only one and a half years old.

Jet was only one and a half years old. - Credit: Archant

A Royston woman whose three cats died from antifreeze poisoning no longer thinks it was an accident after a fourth passed away on Monday.

The Crow previously reported how three of Sandra Duffy’s cats died within the space of a few days of each other after swallowing the dangerous liquid, which she put down to people being careless with antifreeze.

But since her cat Jet, aged just one and a half, died, and Royston Vets confirmed they have had no other cases, she has changed her mind, and has contacted the police.

She said: “I don’t think it was an accident. The symptoms have all been the same. It is difficult for me to go battering on people’s doors asking if they have seen or heard anything.

“It’s difficult to know how to go about it. I’m upset and angry if someone is doing it intentionally. A cat is a cat, it’s not going to hurt anyone, it’s not like an angry dog.”