Police hunting thieves who smashed Royston newsagent window and tried to steal cash before driving off in black car
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after thieves broke into a Royston newsagent and used specialist equipment to try to steal from the cash machine this morning.
The incident happened at about 2.30am when offenders parked a black vehicle opposite McColl’s in Queens Road.
After smashing the window to get in, they used specialist tools to try to access the cash machine, but were not successful.
The offenders then made off in a black car towards Mill Road.
Det Insp Linda Coates said: “We are appealing to anyone who may have seen a black Audi type car – believed to be a 2011 plate – in the area before or around the time of the burglary, to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the break-in or who has any information relating to it.”
Anyone with any information that could help the inquiry is asked to contact DC Kerry Burrows on 101 quoting crime reference number G4/16/934.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 9 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.