Beds, Cambs and Herts police dogs star in charity calendar
- Credit: Archant
Crime-fighting canines from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Dog Unit swapped police chases for photos to star in a new charity calendar.
The force dogs recently took part in a professional photo shoot by Katrina Wilson Dog Photography in Bedford to produce a calendar and help raise money for two charities.
The calendar will feature some of the team’s tough but loveable canines and is likely to prove popular with dog lovers.
PC Lindsey Cox, from the BCH Dog Unit and who handles police dog Harley, said: “We’re hoping this is going to be a fun way of raising money for two deserving animal charities.
“The support we receive from the public has always been overwhelming, and we’d be incredibly grateful if this could extend to our aim of raising money for the rescue centres.
“As there is a limited number of calendars we are asking for a minimum donation of £8 per calendar, and any larger donations will obviously be received with our sincere thanks.”
The funds raised will be split between German Shepherd Rescue Elite and Luna Animal Rescue.
- 1 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 5 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 6 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How to check if your travel insurance covers airport strike delays
German Shepherd Rescue Elite looks to rescue and rehome German Shepherds across the country, while educating people about the breed.
Arlesey-based Luna Animal Rescue has been working for around five years to help rehome dogs, cats and small animals predominantly in the south east.
Anyone wishing to support the unit’s fundraising by pre-ordering a calendar is asked to make their donation via PayPal at www.paypal.me/bchdogunit.
Alternatively the calendars can be collected from the forces’ headquarters, if you leave a note on PayPal to say this is what you would be doing.
Head to Kempston for Beds Police HQ, Huntingdon for Cambs, and in Welwyn Garden City for the Herts force.