Police continue search for mother of balcony plunge girl
POLICE in Majorca were still searching today (Wednesday) for the mother of a seven-year-old girl who plunged 30ft from a hotel balcony. Ports and airports have been altered as police widened the search for 45-year-old Sara Cooper, who disappeared after h
POLICE in Majorca were still searching today (Wednesday) for the mother of a seven-year-old girl who plunged 30ft from a hotel balcony.
Ports and airports have been altered as police widened the search for 45-year-old Sara Cooper, who disappeared after her daughter, Gianna was injured in the accident.
Mrs Cooper, from Foxton, her husband Martin and three of their children were staying at the three-star Hotel Samoa in the resort of Calas de Majorca.
Gianna, who attends Foxton Primary School, was taken to a hospital in Palma and after an operation was reported to be "serious, but stable".
A police spokesman said: "We are looking for the mother, but at this stage we do not want to speculate as to whether she was involved."
Police said their search involved combing an area of mountains and beaches around Calas de Majorca.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'