Police arrest two people for body parts murder
TWO people have been arrested by police investigating the body parts murder. Detectives from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and Leicestershire Constabulary who ve been leading a murder investigation following the discovery of body parts
TWO people have been arrested by police investigating the body parts murder.
Detectives from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit and Leicestershire Constabulary who've been leading a murder investigation following the discovery of body parts in both counties over the last month said today (Thursday) that two arrests were made in north London on Tuesday afternoon.
DCI Michael Hanlon from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit said: "Extensive work has been carried out in relation to this murder investigation and I can confirm today that two people have been arrested on suspicion of murder.
"The two arrested, who are in their 20s and 30s, were detained at an address in North London. They remain in custody at a police station in Hertfordshire at this time.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank all media for their support in this investigation so far. The coverage has proved extremely valuable.
"We believe we have identified the victim of the murder and specialist officers are currently working closely with the family. We cannot release any more details of his identity at this stage.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 4 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal