Police appealing for bank robbery witnesses
POLICE have appealed for witnesses to come forward with any information following the attempted burglary of the HSBC bank in Melbourn Street, Royston, at around 1.15am Tuesday morning.
It is believed the offenders drove a silver Mitsubishi Evo into the window to break the glass, and once inside unsuccessfully attempted to gain access to a cash machine.
A green Mitsubishi L200 Pick Up was also at the scene, and drove off with the silver car towards the A505. The silver one was later discovered abandoned on the A10 towards Cambridge.
Investigating officer, DC Will Ainsworth said: “I am appealing to anyone who may have seen the incident take place to get in contact. I would also be interested to speak to anyone who may have seen the described vehicles in the local area. These cars have also been spotted in Bedfordshire and Cambridge.”
Anyone with information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, an independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555111.
Meanwhile, HSBC are offering a reward of up to �25,000 for anyone who could provide information.
- 1 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 5 Great Cambridgeshire places to find a Great British pie
- 5 Make Lunch Royston: Drop-ins back at vital summer holidays support scheme
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition