Police appeal following Royston collision
POLICE are appealing for witnesses and information following a road traffic collision on the A505 near Royston yesterday, in which a motorcyclist was rushed to hospital (May 2).
The collision occurred at around 10.30am and involved a black Audi A3 and motorbike, which had been travelling in the same direction.
The rider of the motorcycle, a 24 year old man from Royston, was taken to Lister hospital for treatment. He has since been discharged.
The Audi failed to stop at the scene.
The car has been described as being lowered, with tinted windows and shiny alloys. The index plate is possibly in italics.
You may also want to watch:
PC Felicity Moody is investigating and said: “I believe the Audi driver may have known their car had been involved in a collision and I would ask that they contact police.
“I would also like to hear from anyone travelling on the road at the time to call if you haven’t already spoken with police.”
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Moody on 0845 3300 222 quoting URN 224 of May 2.