Police appeal following Royston collision
POLICE are appealing for witnesses and information following a road traffic collision on the A505 near Royston yesterday, in which a motorcyclist was rushed to hospital (May 2).
The collision occurred at around 10.30am and involved a black Audi A3 and motorbike, which had been travelling in the same direction.
The rider of the motorcycle, a 24 year old man from Royston, was taken to Lister hospital for treatment. He has since been discharged.
The Audi failed to stop at the scene.
The car has been described as being lowered, with tinted windows and shiny alloys. The index plate is possibly in italics.
You may also want to watch:
PC Felicity Moody is investigating and said: “I believe the Audi driver may have known their car had been involved in a collision and I would ask that they contact police.
“I would also like to hear from anyone travelling on the road at the time to call if you haven’t already spoken with police.”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Moody on 0845 3300 222 quoting URN 224 of May 2.