Police appeal following Royston collision
POLICE are appealing for witnesses and information following a road traffic collision on the A505 near Royston yesterday, in which a motorcyclist was rushed to hospital (May 2).
The collision occurred at around 10.30am and involved a black Audi A3 and motorbike, which had been travelling in the same direction.
The rider of the motorcycle, a 24 year old man from Royston, was taken to Lister hospital for treatment. He has since been discharged.
The Audi failed to stop at the scene.
The car has been described as being lowered, with tinted windows and shiny alloys. The index plate is possibly in italics.
PC Felicity Moody is investigating and said: “I believe the Audi driver may have known their car had been involved in a collision and I would ask that they contact police.
“I would also like to hear from anyone travelling on the road at the time to call if you haven’t already spoken with police.”
- 1 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 9 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Moody on 0845 3300 222 quoting URN 224 of May 2.