Police appeal following fatal crash involving pedestrian and lorry on A505 near Royston
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following the death of a pedestrian in his 20s after a crash involving a lorry.
Officers are investigating a fatal collision on the A505 bypass, between the A10 and the A1198.
A police spokesman said: “It happened on the westbound carriageway just before 4.06am today (Saturday, October 14) when an articulated lorry was in collision with a pedestrian.
“Officers attended the scene alongside other emergency services but sadly the man, in his 20s, died at the scene.
“His family have been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.
“The driver of the lorry was uninjured.”
PC Jackie Lister, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit said: “Sadly as a result of this collision a man has lost his life and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
“We are currently trying to piece together the circumstances around this incident and I am appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the collision take place, or who saw the vehicle or pedestrian in the area before the incident, to contact police as soon as possible.
“I am also appealing to passing motorists who have dash cams fitted to their vehicles, which may have captured the pedestrian or lorry immediately prior to the collision.
“We would be very keen to view any footage you can provide.”
•If you have any further information that could assist the investigation, please call Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 120 of October 14 or report information online at www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime.
•Alternatively, if you have any information about this incident you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.