Police appeal after spate of shed burglaries in villages around Royston
- Credit: Archant
A spate of burglaries of sheds in villages around Royston has seen the launch of a police appeal.
16 offences where power tools and gardening equipment been stolen have occurred overnight in the Barley, Barkway and Therfield area since August 1.
Sergeant Jon Vine said: “Firstly, please be reassured that officers are patrolling the area and following lines of inquiry to prevent these incidents occurring and to make arrests.
“However, residents can also play a key role and assist us with gathering vital information and intelligence. Your calls can make a difference and I would ask people to assist us by being our eyes and ears and report any suspicious behaviour.
“It could be that offenders are in the area during the day to scope out the area before returning in darkness to commit their crimes. I would ask that residents remain vigilant and report if they see vehicles which aren’t normally in the area or anyone who seems out of place. Take registration numbers and descriptions and call police.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also possible that the offenders are using surrounding fields to access the area and I would urge anyone who sees or hears anything unusual during the night to call 999. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, you could be entitled to a reward.”
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter