Playgroup creates a safe play area
PARENTS and volunteers were working on Saturday to create a safe play area for the Queens Road Playgroup in Royston. The playgroup now has a permanent base at Tannery Drift School after moving from the Royston Methodist Church Hall in Queens Road. It had
PARENTS and volunteers were working on Saturday to create a safe play area for the Queens Road Playgroup in Royston.
The playgroup now has a permanent base at Tannery Drift School after moving from the Royston Methodist Church Hall in Queens Road.
It had to find temporary accommodation when there were heating problems at the church hall - but after talks with the school's head teacher, Anna Greetham, and the school governors permanent accommodation has now been set up.
The playgroup will, however, continue under the name of Queens Road Playgroup.
Judy Porto, the playgroup owner and manager, said part of the move to Tannery Drift included the creation of a safe outdoor play area.
Former playgroup parent Dean Candler, of North Herts Surfacing, was contacted and with a group of volunteers the open space has now been established.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
"The playgroup would not have been able to fund or develop the area without the help and support of Mr Candler and the companies that have worked and donated materials for the project," said Mrs Porto.
The move to Tannery Drift has passed a strict inspection from Ofsted.