Playgroup creates a safe play area
PARENTS and volunteers were working on Saturday to create a safe play area for the Queens Road Playgroup in Royston. The playgroup now has a permanent base at Tannery Drift School after moving from the Royston Methodist Church Hall in Queens Road. It had
PARENTS and volunteers were working on Saturday to create a safe play area for the Queens Road Playgroup in Royston.
The playgroup now has a permanent base at Tannery Drift School after moving from the Royston Methodist Church Hall in Queens Road.
It had to find temporary accommodation when there were heating problems at the church hall - but after talks with the school's head teacher, Anna Greetham, and the school governors permanent accommodation has now been set up.
The playgroup will, however, continue under the name of Queens Road Playgroup.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Porto, the playgroup owner and manager, said part of the move to Tannery Drift included the creation of a safe outdoor play area.
Former playgroup parent Dean Candler, of North Herts Surfacing, was contacted and with a group of volunteers the open space has now been established.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
"The playgroup would not have been able to fund or develop the area without the help and support of Mr Candler and the companies that have worked and donated materials for the project," said Mrs Porto.
The move to Tannery Drift has passed a strict inspection from Ofsted.