Playgroup celebrates 10 years at the top in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pre-school which was set up to help address a shortage of playgroups in the town is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
Papillon Playgroup in Jepps Lane was founded after Anne Walls and Carrie Page decided they wanted to break away from the mould and lead their own group for children.
Anne said: “We thought: why don’t we set one up? We were able to do it our way, which is a bit different.
“I set up the group with Carrie – who has since left to lead a playgroup in Stevenage – as I’m passionate about children.
“They learn so much through play.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s about much more than learning to count, it’s about learning how to connect with other people and about socialising.
“If they can be comfortable in pre-schools then they will be better equipped in the future.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks