Playgroup celebrates 10 years at the top in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pre-school which was set up to help address a shortage of playgroups in the town is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
Papillon Playgroup in Jepps Lane was founded after Anne Walls and Carrie Page decided they wanted to break away from the mould and lead their own group for children.
Anne said: “We thought: why don’t we set one up? We were able to do it our way, which is a bit different.
“I set up the group with Carrie – who has since left to lead a playgroup in Stevenage – as I’m passionate about children.
“They learn so much through play.
“It’s about much more than learning to count, it’s about learning how to connect with other people and about socialising.
“If they can be comfortable in pre-schools then they will be better equipped in the future.”
- 1 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 2 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 3 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 10 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital