Playgroup celebrates 10 years at the top in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pre-school which was set up to help address a shortage of playgroups in the town is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
Papillon Playgroup in Jepps Lane was founded after Anne Walls and Carrie Page decided they wanted to break away from the mould and lead their own group for children.
Anne said: “We thought: why don’t we set one up? We were able to do it our way, which is a bit different.
“I set up the group with Carrie – who has since left to lead a playgroup in Stevenage – as I’m passionate about children.
“They learn so much through play.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s about much more than learning to count, it’s about learning how to connect with other people and about socialising.
“If they can be comfortable in pre-schools then they will be better equipped in the future.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft