Playgroup celebrates 10 years at the top in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pre-school which was set up to help address a shortage of playgroups in the town is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
Papillon Playgroup in Jepps Lane was founded after Anne Walls and Carrie Page decided they wanted to break away from the mould and lead their own group for children.
Anne said: “We thought: why don’t we set one up? We were able to do it our way, which is a bit different.
“I set up the group with Carrie – who has since left to lead a playgroup in Stevenage – as I’m passionate about children.
“They learn so much through play.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s about much more than learning to count, it’s about learning how to connect with other people and about socialising.
“If they can be comfortable in pre-schools then they will be better equipped in the future.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge