Platform work at rail station
COMMUTERS could face disruption after work began on upgrades to Royston railway station. Workmen have been on the site for a couple of weeks, preparing to lengthen the platform and enlarge the car park by about 150 spaces. About half of the car park has n
COMMUTERS could face disruption after work began on upgrades to Royston railway station.
Workmen have been on the site for a couple of weeks, preparing to lengthen the platform and enlarge the car park by about 150 spaces.
About half of the car park has now been closed as heavy machinery has been moved in, but some car parking spaces are still available.
Kevin Lehman, from contractors C.Spencer Ltd, who are carrying out the work, said: "We've had a quite a few people coming up to us and asking what we're doing, so we thought it would be good to put them in the picture.
You may also want to watch:
"The platform on one side is being lengthened to allow an extra carriage, and the car park will be bigger."
Mr Lehman added that the work was expected to take between 12 and 16 weeks.
- 1 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 2 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 3 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 4 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 5 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 8 One goal enough as Royston Town advance in Southern League Cup against Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Annual arts festival gets go-ahead after cancellation of much-loved events
- 10 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth