Plans for South Cambs rail user group on track
A RAIL user group may be set up to represent people using three stations in Crow Country. Cllr Susan van de Ven, district and county councillor for Melbourn, has arranged a meeting to gauge interest in setting up an action group for people using Foxton, S
A RAIL user group may be set up to represent people using three stations in Crow Country.
Cllr Susan van de Ven, district and county councillor for Melbourn, has arranged a meeting to gauge interest in setting up an action group for people using Foxton, Shepreth and Meldreth stations.
She said: "I have a lot of contact from people wanting to talk me about rail travel, so it would be good if we could form a group to formally represent the interests of passengers.
"We do have good rail links in the area, but the bus service is not good, so it's important that the quality of the railway system is maintained."
You may also want to watch:
Last year more than 100 residents came together for a public meeting with rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) about a reduction in ticket office opening hours
Issues have also arisen surrounding new car parking charges, and the cost of student rail fares, and Cllr van de Ven believes setting up a group would enable residents to "keep the pressure" on FCC.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
She said: "I don't want to give the impression that a user group would be the answer to all our problems, but it is important to make sure we keep dialogue going with FCC, especially over the student ticket prices which are still very high."
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 23 at the Elin Way Sheltered Housing Communal Room in Meldreth, starting at 7pm.