Plans for South Cambs rail user group on track
A RAIL user group may be set up to represent people using three stations in Crow Country. Cllr Susan van de Ven, district and county councillor for Melbourn, has arranged a meeting to gauge interest in setting up an action group for people using Foxton, S
A RAIL user group may be set up to represent people using three stations in Crow Country.
Cllr Susan van de Ven, district and county councillor for Melbourn, has arranged a meeting to gauge interest in setting up an action group for people using Foxton, Shepreth and Meldreth stations.
She said: "I have a lot of contact from people wanting to talk me about rail travel, so it would be good if we could form a group to formally represent the interests of passengers.
"We do have good rail links in the area, but the bus service is not good, so it's important that the quality of the railway system is maintained."
You may also want to watch:
Last year more than 100 residents came together for a public meeting with rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) about a reduction in ticket office opening hours
Issues have also arisen surrounding new car parking charges, and the cost of student rail fares, and Cllr van de Ven believes setting up a group would enable residents to "keep the pressure" on FCC.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 6 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
She said: "I don't want to give the impression that a user group would be the answer to all our problems, but it is important to make sure we keep dialogue going with FCC, especially over the student ticket prices which are still very high."
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 23 at the Elin Way Sheltered Housing Communal Room in Meldreth, starting at 7pm.