Plans for Royston hospital could be revealed later this year
THE future of Royston Hospital will become clearer in the coming months, according to the government minister for health. Speaking in the House of Commons, Phil Hope, department of health minister of state, said: The Friends of Royston Hospital and local
THE future of Royston Hospital will become clearer in the coming months, according to the government minister for health.
Speaking in the House of Commons, Phil Hope, department of health minister of state, said: "The Friends of Royston Hospital and local councillors have been invited to a workshop in March, and the PCT will, subject to various approvals, begin formal engagement with stakeholders about the future of intermediate care in May or June this year."
Mr Hope was responding to a question from Royston MP Oliver Heald about the shortage of intermediate care beds in North East Hertfordshire.
Royston Hospital provides such beds, but a review being carried out by the North East Herts PCT has left question marks over its future, with the PCT refusing to reveal its long term plans for the site.
You may also want to watch:
Uncertainty surrounding the development of the hospital led The Crow to launch its Hands off our Hospital campaign last year, to stress the importance of the facility to the people of Crow Country.
Earlier this month campaigner Terry Hutt presented Mr Heald with a petition signed by more than 300 local people who want to see the hospital stay.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire