Plans for Royston hospital could be revealed later this year
THE future of Royston Hospital will become clearer in the coming months, according to the government minister for health. Speaking in the House of Commons, Phil Hope, department of health minister of state, said: The Friends of Royston Hospital and local
THE future of Royston Hospital will become clearer in the coming months, according to the government minister for health.
Speaking in the House of Commons, Phil Hope, department of health minister of state, said: "The Friends of Royston Hospital and local councillors have been invited to a workshop in March, and the PCT will, subject to various approvals, begin formal engagement with stakeholders about the future of intermediate care in May or June this year."
Mr Hope was responding to a question from Royston MP Oliver Heald about the shortage of intermediate care beds in North East Hertfordshire.
Royston Hospital provides such beds, but a review being carried out by the North East Herts PCT has left question marks over its future, with the PCT refusing to reveal its long term plans for the site.
You may also want to watch:
Uncertainty surrounding the development of the hospital led The Crow to launch its Hands off our Hospital campaign last year, to stress the importance of the facility to the people of Crow Country.
Earlier this month campaigner Terry Hutt presented Mr Heald with a petition signed by more than 300 local people who want to see the hospital stay.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
- 10 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire