Plans for Priory Cinema site in Royston yet to be finalised
PLANS to build social housing on Royston s old Priory Cinema site have yet to be finalised, more than a year after the site was sold. The site, on the corner of Priory Lane and Newmarket, was brought by housing association North Herts Home in January 2009
PLANS to build social housing on Royston's old Priory Cinema site have yet to be finalised, more than a year after the site was sold.
The site, on the corner of Priory Lane and Newmarket, was brought by housing association North Herts Home in January 2009.
Two conceptual schemes to build 30 or 36 dwellings on the land, which currently sits vacant, were revealed last July, and a planning application had been expected last autumn.
But a spokesman for North Herts Homes said discussions are ongoing with planners.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "We're still working with the district council officers, and a further meeting is scheduled for this week.
"It's a case of tweaking the plans to make sure all the details are suitable, so in the next few weeks hopefully we will be able to give a more definite idea of what we have planned and what the timescales will be."
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
The two conceptual schemes comprised 36 sheltered housing flats for elderly people, or 30 homes for young families.
Kevin Thompson, Chief Executive of North Herts Homes, told The Crow last year: "Whatever the final design looks like, I can promise that we will build a high quality development of affordable homes that will not only meet the needs of local people but that will enhance the town centre.