Plans for Priory Cinema site in Royston yet to be finalised
PLANS to build social housing on Royston s old Priory Cinema site have yet to be finalised, more than a year after the site was sold. The site, on the corner of Priory Lane and Newmarket, was brought by housing association North Herts Home in January 2009
PLANS to build social housing on Royston's old Priory Cinema site have yet to be finalised, more than a year after the site was sold.
The site, on the corner of Priory Lane and Newmarket, was brought by housing association North Herts Home in January 2009.
Two conceptual schemes to build 30 or 36 dwellings on the land, which currently sits vacant, were revealed last July, and a planning application had been expected last autumn.
But a spokesman for North Herts Homes said discussions are ongoing with planners.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "We're still working with the district council officers, and a further meeting is scheduled for this week.
"It's a case of tweaking the plans to make sure all the details are suitable, so in the next few weeks hopefully we will be able to give a more definite idea of what we have planned and what the timescales will be."
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
The two conceptual schemes comprised 36 sheltered housing flats for elderly people, or 30 homes for young families.
Kevin Thompson, Chief Executive of North Herts Homes, told The Crow last year: "Whatever the final design looks like, I can promise that we will build a high quality development of affordable homes that will not only meet the needs of local people but that will enhance the town centre.