Plane makes emergency landing during Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Archant
The pilot of an aircraft taking part in the Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford was forced to make an emergency landing in a field this afternoon.
The incident, involving a P-51 Mustang aircraft, is thought to have happened at about 5.30pm where the aircraft landed in a field.
There was a lane closure in place at junction 10 of the M11 as a result – this has since been lifted according to Cambs police.
An ambulance service spokesman told the Crow that “No one was injured and we shortly cleared the scene.”
A spokeswoman for IWM Duxford said: “IWM Duxford can confirm that a P-51 Mustang made an emergency landing during the Flying Legends Air Show on Sunday 9 July, in a field adjacent to IWM Duxford.
You may also want to watch:
“The pilot is safe and no members of the public were involved in the incident.
“IWM Duxford Fire and Rescue Team and emergency services attended the scene and the aircraft was made safe.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
“The Flying Legends Air Show concluded as planned.”