Plane makes emergency landing during Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Archant
The pilot of an aircraft taking part in the Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford was forced to make an emergency landing in a field this afternoon.
The incident, involving a P-51 Mustang aircraft, is thought to have happened at about 5.30pm where the aircraft landed in a field.
There was a lane closure in place at junction 10 of the M11 as a result – this has since been lifted according to Cambs police.
An ambulance service spokesman told the Crow that “No one was injured and we shortly cleared the scene.”
A spokeswoman for IWM Duxford said: “IWM Duxford can confirm that a P-51 Mustang made an emergency landing during the Flying Legends Air Show on Sunday 9 July, in a field adjacent to IWM Duxford.
“The pilot is safe and no members of the public were involved in the incident.
“IWM Duxford Fire and Rescue Team and emergency services attended the scene and the aircraft was made safe.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
“The Flying Legends Air Show concluded as planned.”