Pink pooches can take the lead in Pink Run
PINK pooches would have to be barking mad to miss out on this year’s Pink Ribbon run/walk.
For the first time this year organisers of the popular event, which raises funds for Marie Curie cancer care, are giving a prize to the best dressed dog.
One dog who will definitely be taking part is Staffordshire Bull Terrier Leah, who this week tried on her costume in preparation for the June 27 event.
Royston Veterinary Centre are backing the award, and Margaret White, from the centre, said: “This is a great community event and we are proud to be a part of it this year, Royston Heath is the perfect setting for this Sunday morning run/walk.”
A steady stream of entrants have already signed up for the hike round Therfield Heath, which costs �12 to enter for adults and �6 for children. Dogs are free, but must be kept on a lead.
You may also want to watch:
Participants are encouraged to raise sponsorship money, all of which goes to Marie Curie Cancer care.
Christine Brown, community fundraiser for Hertfordshire, said “We really hope readers will join us for this great fun event which will help to make a positive and real difference to local families that are affected by cancer and other terminal illnesses. It is open to all ages and runners or walkers are welcomed with or without a dog.”
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 7 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition
For an entry form and further information please contact 01763 248509, www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk or email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org.