Pink pooches can take the lead in Pink Run
PINK pooches would have to be barking mad to miss out on this year’s Pink Ribbon run/walk.
For the first time this year organisers of the popular event, which raises funds for Marie Curie cancer care, are giving a prize to the best dressed dog.
One dog who will definitely be taking part is Staffordshire Bull Terrier Leah, who this week tried on her costume in preparation for the June 27 event.
Royston Veterinary Centre are backing the award, and Margaret White, from the centre, said: “This is a great community event and we are proud to be a part of it this year, Royston Heath is the perfect setting for this Sunday morning run/walk.”
A steady stream of entrants have already signed up for the hike round Therfield Heath, which costs �12 to enter for adults and �6 for children. Dogs are free, but must be kept on a lead.
You may also want to watch:
Participants are encouraged to raise sponsorship money, all of which goes to Marie Curie Cancer care.
Christine Brown, community fundraiser for Hertfordshire, said “We really hope readers will join us for this great fun event which will help to make a positive and real difference to local families that are affected by cancer and other terminal illnesses. It is open to all ages and runners or walkers are welcomed with or without a dog.”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
For an entry form and further information please contact 01763 248509, www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk or email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org.