Phone box to be cut off
THE plug is being pulled on a Royston phone box. A meeting of Royston town council s planning committee heard that BT is permanently removing the kiosk, in Eliot Road, after it was damaged beyond repair. Cllr Lindsay Davidson said: It s very sad. Most
THE plug is being pulled on a Royston phone box.
A meeting of Royston town council's planning committee heard that BT is permanently removing the kiosk, in Eliot Road, after it was damaged beyond repair.
Cllr Lindsay Davidson said: "It's very sad. Most people have mobile phones now, but some don't, and if they need to use a phone box for whatever reason the facility is becoming non-existent."
And Cllr Lynn Berry added: "Unfortunately this is a sign of the times."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Grimes said: "BT would not be removing the boxes if they were making money from them."
The committee had no opposition to the plan.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'