Phone box to be cut off
THE plug is being pulled on a Royston phone box. A meeting of Royston town council s planning committee heard that BT is permanently removing the kiosk, in Eliot Road, after it was damaged beyond repair. Cllr Lindsay Davidson said: It s very sad. Most
THE plug is being pulled on a Royston phone box.
A meeting of Royston town council's planning committee heard that BT is permanently removing the kiosk, in Eliot Road, after it was damaged beyond repair.
Cllr Lindsay Davidson said: "It's very sad. Most people have mobile phones now, but some don't, and if they need to use a phone box for whatever reason the facility is becoming non-existent."
And Cllr Lynn Berry added: "Unfortunately this is a sign of the times."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Grimes said: "BT would not be removing the boxes if they were making money from them."
The committee had no opposition to the plan.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 4 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal