Phone box to be cut off
THE plug is being pulled on a Royston phone box. A meeting of Royston town council s planning committee heard that BT is permanently removing the kiosk, in Eliot Road, after it was damaged beyond repair. Cllr Lindsay Davidson said: It s very sad. Most
THE plug is being pulled on a Royston phone box.
A meeting of Royston town council's planning committee heard that BT is permanently removing the kiosk, in Eliot Road, after it was damaged beyond repair.
Cllr Lindsay Davidson said: "It's very sad. Most people have mobile phones now, but some don't, and if they need to use a phone box for whatever reason the facility is becoming non-existent."
And Cllr Lynn Berry added: "Unfortunately this is a sign of the times."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Grimes said: "BT would not be removing the boxes if they were making money from them."
The committee had no opposition to the plan.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation