Phone box to be cut off
THE plug is being pulled on a Royston phone box. A meeting of Royston town council s planning committee heard that BT is permanently removing the kiosk, in Eliot Road, after it was damaged beyond repair. Cllr Lindsay Davidson said: It s very sad. Most
THE plug is being pulled on a Royston phone box.
A meeting of Royston town council's planning committee heard that BT is permanently removing the kiosk, in Eliot Road, after it was damaged beyond repair.
Cllr Lindsay Davidson said: "It's very sad. Most people have mobile phones now, but some don't, and if they need to use a phone box for whatever reason the facility is becoming non-existent."
And Cllr Lynn Berry added: "Unfortunately this is a sign of the times."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Grimes said: "BT would not be removing the boxes if they were making money from them."
The committee had no opposition to the plan.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter