Petition for splash park in Royston
- Credit: Archant
AN ONLINE petition to bring a children’s splash park to Royston has reached almost 400 signatures.
Liz Sim, who started the appeal, said: “Royston is the neglected corner of North Herts. There are limited resources for families and young people. Support for this cause could bring our town more in line with similar towns with better facilities.”
Many people to have left their signature on the change.org site have had something to say on the matter.
Royston resident Suzie Strange said: “I think a town like Royston needs to provide more for its community. It would be a lovely feature in the park.”
Fellow supporter Corrinne Standen said: “This outdoor facility would be so much fun for children and a great way for them to be active and healthy. This would be money well spent.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Fiona Hill said: “Similar parks in Letchworth and Baldock have been very successful so it would be wonderful to be able to have the same in Royston. Plans will be put forward to the green space management committee to be reviewed.”
If you would like to sign the petition, visit www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/local-government-create-a-splash-park-in-royston-herts
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway