Petition for splash park in Royston
- Credit: Archant
AN ONLINE petition to bring a children’s splash park to Royston has reached almost 400 signatures.
Liz Sim, who started the appeal, said: “Royston is the neglected corner of North Herts. There are limited resources for families and young people. Support for this cause could bring our town more in line with similar towns with better facilities.”
Many people to have left their signature on the change.org site have had something to say on the matter.
Royston resident Suzie Strange said: “I think a town like Royston needs to provide more for its community. It would be a lovely feature in the park.”
Fellow supporter Corrinne Standen said: “This outdoor facility would be so much fun for children and a great way for them to be active and healthy. This would be money well spent.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Fiona Hill said: “Similar parks in Letchworth and Baldock have been very successful so it would be wonderful to be able to have the same in Royston. Plans will be put forward to the green space management committee to be reviewed.”
If you would like to sign the petition, visit www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/local-government-create-a-splash-park-in-royston-herts
- 1 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service