Petition for splash park in Royston
- Credit: Archant
AN ONLINE petition to bring a children’s splash park to Royston has reached almost 400 signatures.
Liz Sim, who started the appeal, said: “Royston is the neglected corner of North Herts. There are limited resources for families and young people. Support for this cause could bring our town more in line with similar towns with better facilities.”
Many people to have left their signature on the change.org site have had something to say on the matter.
Royston resident Suzie Strange said: “I think a town like Royston needs to provide more for its community. It would be a lovely feature in the park.”
Fellow supporter Corrinne Standen said: “This outdoor facility would be so much fun for children and a great way for them to be active and healthy. This would be money well spent.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Fiona Hill said: “Similar parks in Letchworth and Baldock have been very successful so it would be wonderful to be able to have the same in Royston. Plans will be put forward to the green space management committee to be reviewed.”
If you would like to sign the petition, visit www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/local-government-create-a-splash-park-in-royston-herts
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre