Petition calls for repairs to pavements
A PETITION has been submitted to East Herts District Council over the state of pavements in Buntingford. The petition urges repair work on the dilapidated state of footways, particularly in the High Street. Nearly 1,000 people signed the petition which Bu
A PETITION has been submitted to East Herts District Council over the state of pavements in Buntingford.
The petition urges repair work on the dilapidated state of footways, particularly in the High Street.
Nearly 1,000 people signed the petition which Buntingford town councillor Pat Whittaker presented to the district council's Highways Joint Member Panel on Monday evening.
Cllr Whittaker said: "I have brought the matter up many times, but I hope that something will come out of it.
You may also want to watch:
"I presented some photos of injuries sustained to people because of the state of the footways."
Cllr Whittaker was given three minutes to speak on supporting the petition.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
The district council has agreed to arrange a walkabout between Cllr Whittaker, members of Herts Highways and district councillors to assess the problems.
A spokesperson for Herts Highways said: "Engineers will look at the issues raised and their findings will be reported at a future meeting of the Highways Joint Member Panel.