Petersfield School pupils make a meal of it
SCHOOL children took part in an international food festival this week, making and learning about foods from around the globe. Pupils at Petersfield Primary School in Orwell used locally-grown ingredients to prepare foods from India, Africa, Italy, France
SCHOOL children took part in an international food festival this week, making and learning about foods from around the globe.
Pupils at Petersfield Primary School in Orwell used locally-grown ingredients to prepare foods from India, Africa, Italy, France and Japan as well as England.
The school is soon to be accredited as an international school by the British Council and one of the aims of the food festival was to make the children more aware of global diversity.
Head teacher Amanda Tuck said: "We were delighted to see and share the children's enthusiasm for this type of activity.
You may also want to watch:
"It was great for us to walk over to Wimpole Home Farm and to dig up the potatoes we had planted there.
"Some had never dug potatoes before, and we were then able to prepare, cook, and eat this hidden food treasure together."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 4 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 10 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
And Karen Gwynn, the school's international co-ordinator, said: "Although Petersfield is a rural English School, we like to think that we have a broader view of the diversity of world cultures, and food is a great way to celebrate the many differences and similarities between peoples.