Peter Andre backs Meldreth Manor School campaign
- Credit: Archant
Reality TV star and singer Peter Andre has backed a campaign to save a special school in Meldreth from closure.
The singer, known for hits such as Mysterious Girl and his appearance on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! pledged his support for the Save Meldreth Manor School campaign by retweeting the petition calling on Prime Minister David Cameron to keep the facility open.
Meldreth Manor School and Orchard Manor in Fenny Lane is run by disability charity Scope, and the board of trustees has proposed to close the school after it has continued to run at a substantial loss in the recent past.
MP for South Cambridgeshire Heidi Allen tweeted the campaign group saying: “We need a financially sound business plan to offer them. I have offered support to parents to pull one together.”
If you would like to sign the petition, search ‘Stop the Closure of Scope’s Meldreth Manor and Orchard Manor Services’ on change.org.
You may also want to watch:
A consultation period runs until Thursday, September 17.
People should direct all feedback to project manager Kathryn Jefford on email@example.com or by calling 07788 898083.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire