Peter Andre backs Meldreth Manor School campaign
- Credit: Archant
Reality TV star and singer Peter Andre has backed a campaign to save a special school in Meldreth from closure.
The singer, known for hits such as Mysterious Girl and his appearance on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! pledged his support for the Save Meldreth Manor School campaign by retweeting the petition calling on Prime Minister David Cameron to keep the facility open.
Meldreth Manor School and Orchard Manor in Fenny Lane is run by disability charity Scope, and the board of trustees has proposed to close the school after it has continued to run at a substantial loss in the recent past.
MP for South Cambridgeshire Heidi Allen tweeted the campaign group saying: “We need a financially sound business plan to offer them. I have offered support to parents to pull one together.”
If you would like to sign the petition, search ‘Stop the Closure of Scope’s Meldreth Manor and Orchard Manor Services’ on change.org.
You may also want to watch:
A consultation period runs until Thursday, September 17.
People should direct all feedback to project manager Kathryn Jefford on email@example.com or by calling 07788 898083.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash