Peter Andre backs Meldreth Manor School campaign
- Credit: Archant
Reality TV star and singer Peter Andre has backed a campaign to save a special school in Meldreth from closure.
The singer, known for hits such as Mysterious Girl and his appearance on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! pledged his support for the Save Meldreth Manor School campaign by retweeting the petition calling on Prime Minister David Cameron to keep the facility open.
Meldreth Manor School and Orchard Manor in Fenny Lane is run by disability charity Scope, and the board of trustees has proposed to close the school after it has continued to run at a substantial loss in the recent past.
MP for South Cambridgeshire Heidi Allen tweeted the campaign group saying: “We need a financially sound business plan to offer them. I have offered support to parents to pull one together.”
If you would like to sign the petition, search ‘Stop the Closure of Scope’s Meldreth Manor and Orchard Manor Services’ on change.org.
You may also want to watch:
A consultation period runs until Thursday, September 17.
People should direct all feedback to project manager Kathryn Jefford on email@example.com or by calling 07788 898083.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm