Pet owners gear up for doggie day at Royston’s Therfield Heath
- Credit: Archant
Dog owners would have be barking mad to miss a special doggie day being held today.
Taking place on Therfield Heath from 10am to 2pm, North Hertfordshire Homes Doggie Day will feature scurry racing, doggie MOT and even a school for dogs complete with graduation.
Microchipping will be provided free of charge thanks to funding from the North Herts Community Safety Partnership.
Nicola Pearson, neighbourhood development officer at North Hertfordshire Homes, will be there with her dog, Lucy.
She said: “Lucy is very excited about our Royston event. It will be a fun day with an important message.
You may also want to watch:
“Owning a dog needs dedicated commitment to their welfare, their behaviour and the community in which they live.
“That means keeping them out of other people’s gardens, managing bad behaviour and picking up after them.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 5 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 8 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 9 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 10 Photographic Society plans new ventures as lockdown eases
The event on the Heath will be a great way for owners to get advice and Royston’s dogs to have fun.”
There will be a small charge to enter some activities although the money will go to charities such as Wood Green Animal Shelter.