Pet owners gear up for doggie day at Royston’s Therfield Heath
- Credit: Archant
Dog owners would have be barking mad to miss a special doggie day being held today.
Taking place on Therfield Heath from 10am to 2pm, North Hertfordshire Homes Doggie Day will feature scurry racing, doggie MOT and even a school for dogs complete with graduation.
Microchipping will be provided free of charge thanks to funding from the North Herts Community Safety Partnership.
Nicola Pearson, neighbourhood development officer at North Hertfordshire Homes, will be there with her dog, Lucy.
She said: “Lucy is very excited about our Royston event. It will be a fun day with an important message.
You may also want to watch:
“Owning a dog needs dedicated commitment to their welfare, their behaviour and the community in which they live.
“That means keeping them out of other people’s gardens, managing bad behaviour and picking up after them.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
The event on the Heath will be a great way for owners to get advice and Royston’s dogs to have fun.”
There will be a small charge to enter some activities although the money will go to charities such as Wood Green Animal Shelter.