Pet owners gear up for doggie day at Royston’s Therfield Heath
- Credit: Archant
Dog owners would have be barking mad to miss a special doggie day being held today.
Taking place on Therfield Heath from 10am to 2pm, North Hertfordshire Homes Doggie Day will feature scurry racing, doggie MOT and even a school for dogs complete with graduation.
Microchipping will be provided free of charge thanks to funding from the North Herts Community Safety Partnership.
Nicola Pearson, neighbourhood development officer at North Hertfordshire Homes, will be there with her dog, Lucy.
She said: “Lucy is very excited about our Royston event. It will be a fun day with an important message.
“Owning a dog needs dedicated commitment to their welfare, their behaviour and the community in which they live.
“That means keeping them out of other people’s gardens, managing bad behaviour and picking up after them.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
The event on the Heath will be a great way for owners to get advice and Royston’s dogs to have fun.”
There will be a small charge to enter some activities although the money will go to charities such as Wood Green Animal Shelter.