Two people trapped after crash between Royston and Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
Two people became trapped after a crash on the A1198 between Royston and Bassingbourn yesterday evening.
Police were called at 5.10pm to reports of a two-vehicle crash in Old North Road near the Highfields Business Park.
A blue Citroen Picasso and a blue Volkswagen Polo were involved in the northbound crash, which didn’t block the road – but officers from Herts and Cambs were required to control the traffic while the vehicles were recovered.
Both fire crews from Royston were sent to free those trapped and the ambulance service also attended – the scene was cleared at about 6.15pm.
Firefighters from Cambridge were also called but were stood down.
You may also want to watch:
The Crow is awaiting details of any injuries.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 6 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?