Two people trapped after crash between Royston and Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
Two people became trapped after a crash on the A1198 between Royston and Bassingbourn yesterday evening.
Police were called at 5.10pm to reports of a two-vehicle crash in Old North Road near the Highfields Business Park.
A blue Citroen Picasso and a blue Volkswagen Polo were involved in the northbound crash, which didn’t block the road – but officers from Herts and Cambs were required to control the traffic while the vehicles were recovered.
Both fire crews from Royston were sent to free those trapped and the ambulance service also attended – the scene was cleared at about 6.15pm.
Firefighters from Cambridge were also called but were stood down.
You may also want to watch:
The Crow is awaiting details of any injuries.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches