Two people trapped after crash between Royston and Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
Two people became trapped after a crash on the A1198 between Royston and Bassingbourn yesterday evening.
Police were called at 5.10pm to reports of a two-vehicle crash in Old North Road near the Highfields Business Park.
A blue Citroen Picasso and a blue Volkswagen Polo were involved in the northbound crash, which didn’t block the road – but officers from Herts and Cambs were required to control the traffic while the vehicles were recovered.
Both fire crews from Royston were sent to free those trapped and the ambulance service also attended – the scene was cleared at about 6.15pm.
Firefighters from Cambridge were also called but were stood down.
You may also want to watch:
The Crow is awaiting details of any injuries.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity