Person receives oxygen after fire crews tackle kitchen blaze in Royston

PUBLISHED: 14:33 07 October 2016 | UPDATED: 14:48 07 October 2016

Firefighters attended a kitchen fire in Royston this morning.

Firefighters attended a kitchen fire in Royston this morning.

Archant

Firefighters were called to a home Royston this morning after food left unattended on the stove caught fire.

The person at the property in Kneesworth Street called the fire service just before 11am after the smoke alarm alerted them to the flames.

Crews from Royston and Baldock rushed to the scene and extinguished the flames using one hose reel.

The homeowner was treated with oxygen and the incident was over at 11.51am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Royston Crow. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Royston Crow