Person receives oxygen after fire crews tackle kitchen blaze in Royston

Firefighters attended a kitchen fire in Royston this morning.

Firefighters attended a kitchen fire in Royston this morning. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters were called to a home Royston this morning after food left unattended on the stove caught fire.

The person at the property in Kneesworth Street called the fire service just before 11am after the smoke alarm alerted them to the flames.

Crews from Royston and Baldock rushed to the scene and extinguished the flames using one hose reel.

The homeowner was treated with oxygen and the incident was over at 11.51am.