Person hit by train between Cambridge and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A person has been hit by a train between Cambridge and Letchworth this afternoon.
British Transport Police were called to the incident - which happened near Royston and has blocked all lines between Cambridge and Letchworth - at about 1.30pm, and officers and paramedics remain on the scene.
Great Northern has tweeted: "It is with great sadness that we report a person has been hit by a train between Cambridge and Letchworth.
"All lines are blocked between these stations while the emergency services work to deal with this incident."
Great Northern has also said replacement buses have been requested.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket acceptance has been arranged on Greater Anglia between Cambridge and Ely/Kings Lynn and between Cambridge and London.
Tickets are also being accepted on CrossCountry Trains between Cambridge, Ely and Peterborough.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
This paper has had it confirmed by police that there is a road closure between Royston Road and the A505, and is awaiting further information from the emergency services.
- If you need someone to talk to you can call the Samaritans, for free, anytime, on 116 123.