Person hit by train between Cambridge and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A person has been hit by a train between Cambridge and Letchworth this afternoon.
British Transport Police were called to the incident - which happened near Royston and has blocked all lines between Cambridge and Letchworth - at about 1.30pm, and officers and paramedics remain on the scene.
Great Northern has tweeted: "It is with great sadness that we report a person has been hit by a train between Cambridge and Letchworth.
"All lines are blocked between these stations while the emergency services work to deal with this incident."
Great Northern has also said replacement buses have been requested.
Ticket acceptance has been arranged on Greater Anglia between Cambridge and Ely/Kings Lynn and between Cambridge and London.
Tickets are also being accepted on CrossCountry Trains between Cambridge, Ely and Peterborough.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
This paper has had it confirmed by police that there is a road closure between Royston Road and the A505, and is awaiting further information from the emergency services.
- If you need someone to talk to you can call the Samaritans, for free, anytime, on 116 123.