Person hit by train between Cambridge and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A person has been hit by a train between Cambridge and Letchworth this afternoon.
British Transport Police were called to the incident - which happened near Royston and has blocked all lines between Cambridge and Letchworth - at about 1.30pm, and officers and paramedics remain on the scene.
Great Northern has tweeted: "It is with great sadness that we report a person has been hit by a train between Cambridge and Letchworth.
"All lines are blocked between these stations while the emergency services work to deal with this incident."
Great Northern has also said replacement buses have been requested.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket acceptance has been arranged on Greater Anglia between Cambridge and Ely/Kings Lynn and between Cambridge and London.
Tickets are also being accepted on CrossCountry Trains between Cambridge, Ely and Peterborough.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Missing teen found safe and well
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 9 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
This paper has had it confirmed by police that there is a road closure between Royston Road and the A505, and is awaiting further information from the emergency services.
- If you need someone to talk to you can call the Samaritans, for free, anytime, on 116 123.