Person dies and road closed after A505 Thriplow crash
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly died on the A505 near Thriplow this afternoon after a crash that also saw a man taken to hospital.
Officers responded to reports of the two-car crash at about 12.40pm.
Two ambulance officers, the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance crew and the MAGPAS air ambulance also attended.
Details are unclear at this time, but police have confirmed that one person was fatally injured.
The ambulance service have said another victim, a man, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with chest injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed in both directions between the M11 and the A10 roundabout, with police advising that it will probably reopen in about an hour.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and to expect delays.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire