Person dies and road closed after A505 Thriplow crash
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly died on the A505 near Thriplow this afternoon after a crash that also saw a man taken to hospital.
Officers responded to reports of the two-car crash at about 12.40pm.
Two ambulance officers, the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance crew and the MAGPAS air ambulance also attended.
Details are unclear at this time, but police have confirmed that one person was fatally injured.
The ambulance service have said another victim, a man, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with chest injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed in both directions between the M11 and the A10 roundabout, with police advising that it will probably reopen in about an hour.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and to expect delays.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 8 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre