Person dies and road closed after A505 Thriplow crash
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly died on the A505 near Thriplow this afternoon after a crash that also saw a man taken to hospital.
Officers responded to reports of the two-car crash at about 12.40pm.
Two ambulance officers, the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance crew and the MAGPAS air ambulance also attended.
Details are unclear at this time, but police have confirmed that one person was fatally injured.
The ambulance service have said another victim, a man, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with chest injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed in both directions between the M11 and the A10 roundabout, with police advising that it will probably reopen in about an hour.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and to expect delays.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity