People of Royston have their say on whether to start another WI group
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to have their say on whether or not to introduce another Women’s Institute to Royston.
The town already has two groups, but there is a long waiting list of people eager to sign up.
Monica Gray, president of the morning group, said: “Our group is 80 people strong. We have 21 people on our waiting list, who have been waiting for years.
“We are encouraging people to come to the informal meeting and have their say on whether to begin a new group.
“The WI is perfect for people who are looking for something interesting to do with like-minded people. It’s not all jam and Jerusalem.
You may also want to watch:
“We run a lot of campaigns to get women engaged such as a call for people to sign up to the organ register and a campaign to renovate the high street, to spruce it up and make it more welcoming.”
The meeting to discuss options to begin a new group will be held on February 4 at 10.30am in Room 2 of Royston Town Hall.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone