People of Royston have their say on whether to start another WI group
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to have their say on whether or not to introduce another Women’s Institute to Royston.
The town already has two groups, but there is a long waiting list of people eager to sign up.
Monica Gray, president of the morning group, said: “Our group is 80 people strong. We have 21 people on our waiting list, who have been waiting for years.
“We are encouraging people to come to the informal meeting and have their say on whether to begin a new group.
“The WI is perfect for people who are looking for something interesting to do with like-minded people. It’s not all jam and Jerusalem.
You may also want to watch:
“We run a lot of campaigns to get women engaged such as a call for people to sign up to the organ register and a campaign to renovate the high street, to spruce it up and make it more welcoming.”
The meeting to discuss options to begin a new group will be held on February 4 at 10.30am in Room 2 of Royston Town Hall.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 8 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready