People of Royston have their say on whether to start another WI group
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to have their say on whether or not to introduce another Women’s Institute to Royston.
The town already has two groups, but there is a long waiting list of people eager to sign up.
Monica Gray, president of the morning group, said: “Our group is 80 people strong. We have 21 people on our waiting list, who have been waiting for years.
“We are encouraging people to come to the informal meeting and have their say on whether to begin a new group.
“The WI is perfect for people who are looking for something interesting to do with like-minded people. It’s not all jam and Jerusalem.
You may also want to watch:
“We run a lot of campaigns to get women engaged such as a call for people to sign up to the organ register and a campaign to renovate the high street, to spruce it up and make it more welcoming.”
The meeting to discuss options to begin a new group will be held on February 4 at 10.30am in Room 2 of Royston Town Hall.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services