People of Royston have their say on whether to start another WI group
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to have their say on whether or not to introduce another Women’s Institute to Royston.
The town already has two groups, but there is a long waiting list of people eager to sign up.
Monica Gray, president of the morning group, said: “Our group is 80 people strong. We have 21 people on our waiting list, who have been waiting for years.
“We are encouraging people to come to the informal meeting and have their say on whether to begin a new group.
“The WI is perfect for people who are looking for something interesting to do with like-minded people. It’s not all jam and Jerusalem.
You may also want to watch:
“We run a lot of campaigns to get women engaged such as a call for people to sign up to the organ register and a campaign to renovate the high street, to spruce it up and make it more welcoming.”
The meeting to discuss options to begin a new group will be held on February 4 at 10.30am in Room 2 of Royston Town Hall.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 6 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 9 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston