Pensioners flushed with success at toilet clean-up
A POSSE of pro-active pensioners have been sprucing up some of Royston s public toilets. The toilets, at Royston Bus Station, almost went down the pan last year, but were saved from closure when Taxi firm Meltax agreed to take over the running of them fr
A POSSE of pro-active pensioners have been sprucing up some of Royston's public toilets.
The toilets, at Royston Bus Station, almost went down the pan last year, but were saved from closure when Taxi firm Meltax agreed to take over the running of them from North Herts District Council.
Now Terry Hutt, from Royston Pensioner's Action Group, has organised a task force to give them a lick of paint.
Mr Hutt, who led a campaign to save the toilets, said: "We wanted to help Geoff Dawes, from the taxi company, who has done pensioners a great service by taking over the toilets.
You may also want to watch:
"They are a very important facility for the town, so it is good to have been able to redecorate them," he said.
North Herts district council had decided to close the toilets after building a new, enlarged, toilet block at Fish Hill, Royston.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'