Pensioner seriously hurt in road accident
A ROYSTON man was in a critical but stable condition in hospital yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon after a road accident in the town last Thursday. John Salkield, 79, of Newmarket Road, was in collision with a silver Toyota Rav 4x4 outside the Manor House c
A ROYSTON man was in a critical but stable condition in hospital yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon after a road accident in the town last Thursday.
John Salkield, 79, of Newmarket Road, was in collision with a silver Toyota Rav 4x4 outside the Manor House car park off Melbourn Street, at about 4.25pm.
Mr Salkield was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage after suffering serious head and chest injuries.
The driver of the 4x4 was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Street was closed for three hours and diversions were put in place as police collected evidence and removed the 4x4.
Mr Salkield is a former treasurer of Royston Parish Church and a member of Royston Bridge Club.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision is urged to call Hertfordshire Police on 0845 333 00222 and quote reference number URN 706/19.