Pensioner seriously hurt in road accident
A ROYSTON man was in a critical but stable condition in hospital yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon after a road accident in the town last Thursday. John Salkield, 79, of Newmarket Road, was in collision with a silver Toyota Rav 4x4 outside the Manor House c
A ROYSTON man was in a critical but stable condition in hospital yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon after a road accident in the town last Thursday.
John Salkield, 79, of Newmarket Road, was in collision with a silver Toyota Rav 4x4 outside the Manor House car park off Melbourn Street, at about 4.25pm.
Mr Salkield was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage after suffering serious head and chest injuries.
The driver of the 4x4 was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Street was closed for three hours and diversions were put in place as police collected evidence and removed the 4x4.
Mr Salkield is a former treasurer of Royston Parish Church and a member of Royston Bridge Club.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision is urged to call Hertfordshire Police on 0845 333 00222 and quote reference number URN 706/19.