Pebbles gets set for charity run
PEBBLES, the mascot of Royston-based Black Pig Design, is in training for this year s Pink Ribbon Run/Walk. The event to raise cash for Cancer Research UK will be taking place on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 3. More than 200 people have entered the eve
PEBBLES, the mascot of Royston-based Black Pig Design, is in training for this year's Pink Ribbon Run/Walk.
The event to raise cash for Cancer Research UK will be taking place on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 3.
More than 200 people have entered the event during the past two weeks - and organisers hope that at least 700 will be taking part.
Last year more than 500 women helped raise £20,186 for the charity - and this year organisers have decided that men can take part too in the three-mile event.
Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers, said they were "overwhelmed" by last year's response to the event.
And Royston's mayor, Cllr Lynn Berry, who took part in the event and will be participating this year, described it as an "astonishing achievement".
- 1 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 2 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
This year, too, those taking part have the opportunity to remember the event.
- Any adult raising more than £200 will be presented with an engraved star key ring.
- The child under 14 raising the most money will be given a party at the Royston Leisure Centre.
- Everyone who enters will receive a week's FREE membership to the Royston Leisure Centre along with a gift from Wash Me Iron Me, Jordans Cereals, Hotel Chocolat, and Nivea.
- A raffle on the day of the event will include a week's accommodation in Orlando, Florida, Pink GHD hair-straighteners from Henricks in Royston, a hair cut from Toni & Guy in Cambridge, three-months' membership of Royston Leisure Centre, and a beauty treatment at Esse in Melbourn.
- Event organisers are running a signing-in session at Royston library on May 9 and May 12.
An exhibition of photographs from last year's event will be on display.