Pebbles gets set for charity run
PEBBLES, the mascot of Royston-based Black Pig Design, is in training for this year s Pink Ribbon Run/Walk. The event to raise cash for Cancer Research UK will be taking place on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 3. More than 200 people have entered the eve
PEBBLES, the mascot of Royston-based Black Pig Design, is in training for this year's Pink Ribbon Run/Walk.
The event to raise cash for Cancer Research UK will be taking place on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 3.
More than 200 people have entered the event during the past two weeks - and organisers hope that at least 700 will be taking part.
Last year more than 500 women helped raise £20,186 for the charity - and this year organisers have decided that men can take part too in the three-mile event.
You may also want to watch:
Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers, said they were "overwhelmed" by last year's response to the event.
And Royston's mayor, Cllr Lynn Berry, who took part in the event and will be participating this year, described it as an "astonishing achievement".
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
This year, too, those taking part have the opportunity to remember the event.
- Any adult raising more than £200 will be presented with an engraved star key ring.
- The child under 14 raising the most money will be given a party at the Royston Leisure Centre.
- Everyone who enters will receive a week's FREE membership to the Royston Leisure Centre along with a gift from Wash Me Iron Me, Jordans Cereals, Hotel Chocolat, and Nivea.
- A raffle on the day of the event will include a week's accommodation in Orlando, Florida, Pink GHD hair-straighteners from Henricks in Royston, a hair cut from Toni & Guy in Cambridge, three-months' membership of Royston Leisure Centre, and a beauty treatment at Esse in Melbourn.
- Event organisers are running a signing-in session at Royston library on May 9 and May 12.
An exhibition of photographs from last year's event will be on display.